I haven’t thought of doing this kind of review but reading some of them through the internet, it motivated me to do it.
Also by submitting to programs like vExpert from VMware, made me realize that I did many things this year that I forgot and were amazing.
- January: Going to the gym to get healthier knees and finished exams from the university with good scores. Semester ends.
- February: New semester (about my degree) and many things planned.
- March: Earned a certification (MCSA 2016) and letting my self know more in the local VMUGs. I was awarded as a #vExpert for the first time!
- April: Getting stronger and not feeling more pain in my knees after a long injury (previous year).
- June: I took some university exams (all passed!) and then… time to enjoy the summer!
- July: Enjoying the time when there is no semester
- August: Lots of sport, going to restaurants and more.
Planning what to do in New York.
- September: I failed an exam which I knew I wasn’t prepared but I got married (eloped) in NY 🙂
- October: #BlogtoberTech2019 = 5 blog posts!
- November: The event VMworld 2019 Europe. Tt was amazing to meet new people, older friends and interact with all of them. Also, I was able to record sessions with the vBrownbag crew.
I also presented a session at VMworld!
- December: Nothing to say here, basically, preparing the next year.
First, things I did and makes me happy that I achieved or earned:
- Personal: Eloped in New York for just 2 months and 3 weeks ago!
- Commitment: Continue with my degree by passing all subjects with a good score.
- Networking: Meet better or new people which made me realize that there are good friends or someone you can chat from time to time.
- Better writing: Although this year I wrote only 16 posts (I know isn’t too much), I think I write better and I didn’t let quantity overcame the quality.
Obviously not all things went well:
- I wasn’t able to pass the VCAP6.5-DCV Design exam in October, you can check it here.
- For 4-6 weeks, I gained some weight because of time anxiety.
- I am procrastinating more than I used to (probably because of anxiety?).
To work on
- Procrastination: I tend to procrastinate at home when I have to do university assignments. Also, other personal projects tend to be massively delayed.
- Organization: I do like to organize what I am going to do every week but maybe I have to put more fun windows and realize that sometimes you need to play games, do nothing and don’t be worried about you could do instead of seizing that time (time anxiety ?)!
- Writing, hosting and more: More blog posts for the next year, host people to record sessions with vBrownbag and presenting more.
And that’s all! This will be the last post of the year (obviously) and although I was aiming to publish another different post that I am working on, I decided and wrote today this quick post in order to let you know that no one is perfect of course and there are bad and good news that people usually don’t talk about.